Family threatens to hold black march

0
24
- Advertisement -

The family of Shawn Warner — the young man who died of suspected electrocution at Jolly Harbour – is giving the police until next week Friday to conclude their report.
The official cause of Warner’s death is yet to be known because the results of an autopsy have not been officially released.
On December 4th police said the post-mortem was inconclusive and more tests needed to be carried out.
But his mother, Sandra Warner, told OBSERVER media that she will rally family members and friends to hold a black march to put pressure on the authorities to do their job.
“We will march [through] the streets in black if we have to, and they have until next week Friday to hand over [the] results because I want to bury my son,” she said.
So far a candlelight vigil and rally have already been held for the deceased. “We are hoping that the march will put some pressure on the authorities,” she said.
The grieving mom added that she visited the hospital on Thursday and spoke with the doctor involved.
She said from all information received, the police are the ones holding back the process.
“I don’t know why they are not doing their jobs. Maybe they are getting paid. We are grieving; it is hurting me. It is hurting us. We want his body…” she sobbed.
Sandra Warner said she is also contemplating taking legal action against Jolly Habour once the autopsy proves her son was in fact electrocuted.
But the company which manages Jolly Harbour appears not to be taking responsibility for the death of 26-year-old Shawn Warner.
Caribbean Development (Antigua) Ltd. Has said that the Management of CDAL found nothing wrong with their electrical system.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here