Cause of death report still pending

- Advertisement -

Shawn Warner’s cause of death has not yet been determined. His mother, Sandra Warner, is becoming anxious as she grieves and awaits the release of her son’s body so he can finally be laid to rest. Warner’s bereaved family is also hoping to get the autopsy results soon in order to decide their next move regarding possible legal action. They continue to believe that he was electrocuted due to alleged negligence on the part of Caribbean Development Antigua Limited (CDAL), the group which manages the properties at Jolly Harbour where the young Warner’s life was tragically cut short.
Yesterday, Sandra Warner told OBSERVER media that she was “waiting to see what is going on” because she had not heard anything from the investigators since an autopsy started earlier this month; and neither has CDAL reached out to her following the November 6 tragedy when, she insists, her son was electrocuted by an exposed wire connected to a lamp post in the area. The deceased 26-yearold, who fathered two children, was pronounced dead at Mount St. John’s Medical Centre that night. An autopsy headed by Dr. Sekena Goodwin commenced at the Holberton Hospital Morgue on December 3.
During that procedure, samples of skin, blood, urine and tissue were taken for further testing to determine the cause of Warner’s untimely demise, and whether he was in fact electrocuted. Last week, Sandra Warner confirmed to OBSERVER media that she identified the body when the procedure started. The only comment from CDAL following the incident was a November 7 press statement asserting that their Jolly Harbour compound was and remained safe. But, the mother of the deceased Jennings man maintains this was certainly not the case on the night she lost her son. Sandra Warner said she, Shawn and his two sons had just finished packing up and were leaving their beach bar in Jolly Harbour around 6:35 p.m. when they realised the security gate was closed.
The woman said she stood in the area near the gate for some time after a female security guard told the family that she did not have the keys to unlock the gate in order to let them out; and further, that they should have left earlier because the gate closes at 6 p.m. The mother alleged that as she was walking back towards her son, she witnessed him being “shocked”. Before anyone could help he fell to the ground, hitting and busting his head in the process. The grieving woman said after her son was rushed to the hospital and she returned to the area with the police, the wires were no longer connected and staff told lawmen that no electricity was flowing to them.
But, she said, she is confident this is not true because “when we came out to leave, the light was on the pole while we were still on the compound and we all saw. I saw it, other persons saw it, his kids – one is five and one is seven – they saw it when he got shocked.” The mother said by the time her son reached the hospital and started receiving treatment his body had already turned blue, and this, she was advised, is an indication that he suffered a strong electrical shock. Meanwhile, a Gofundme page has been set up, asking the public for help to take care of Shawn Warner’s sons, since their deceased father was reportedly a single parent.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

16 − 4 =