YOUTH DIES FROM INJURIES AFTER TRAFFIC ACCIDENT

0
1414
- Advertisement -

The family of the Falmouth man who became the third road fatality for 2017, on Monday, said they are struggling to deal with the death of 32-year-old Sadique “Zeeks” Charles.
The deceased was involved in a traffic accident on All Saints Road at about 1:15 am on Saturday.
Police reports indicate that Charles was the driver of a Toyota motorcar R3199, and was travelling westward when he lost control of the vehicle, which collided into a utility pole, and then overturned.
The Emergency Medical Services was summoned to the scene and transported the Falmouth youth to the Mount St John’s Medical Centre where he underwent surgery.
However, relatives who are still trying to cope with the loss, said over the weekend, Charles, who had suffered a broken neck and whose spine had been shattered in 13 places, was recovering, alert and was communicating, until they got word of his death at 5 pm on Monday.
His mother, Charlene James, was too devastated to be interviewed and designated her sister to speak on the family’s behalf.
Kenetha Bailey said that shortly after the accident, the family was awakened by a phone call from a woman who informed them that her sister’s first-born was involved in an accident and was being rushed to the hospital.
(More in today’s Daily Observer)

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here