Restaurant fire at Long Bay Beach caused by electrical fault

0
12
- Advertisement -

By Robert A. Emmanuel

A fire at a well-known restaurant on Long Bay Beach, Barrow’s Chill Out Bar, which is owned by Philbert Philip, was deemed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Videos surfaced yesterday showing the restaurant completely engulfed in flames.

Chief Fire Officer Elvis Weaver informed OBSERVER Media that the Fire Department received a report of a fire at 11:28 am, and by the time the officers arrived on the scene the building had been completely destroyed.

“It was the electrical wire that caught fire, so I can safely say that was the cause of the fire,” he said, adding that among the contents destroyed were two refrigerators, two freezers, a cooler and a recently purchased grill.

According to Weaver, only one staff member, Leona Baltimore, was present at the time but she escaped unscathed.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here