- Advertisement -

Basic requirements. You must: Have a valid travel document, like a passport
Be in good health
Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
Have enough money for your stay.
The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Please note that with effect from 5:30 a.m. EDT on June 27, 2017, citizens of Antigua and Barbuda need a visa to travel to Canada.
Persons in possession of an ETA issued before June 27, 2017 should not travel to Canada since it will no longer be valid.
Importantly, while a visa will now be needed to enter Canada, the Government of Canada has publicly stated that “it continues to welcome travellers from Antigua and Barbuda”.
Getting a Visa
There are a number of ways to get a visa, including online applications and visa application centres.
Online applications may be made at the Government of Canada’s official website:
Mail your application or submit it in person at the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Possible length of Visa and number of entries
A visa will allow you to travel to Canada by any mode of transportation and may allow for multiple entries for up to 10 years.
Existing Study or Work Permit Applications
If you are now in Canada with a student visa or a work permit, you need not do anything. Your documents remain valid until the expiry date shown in them.
However, if you leave Canada for any length of time, you will be required to apply for a Visa to re-enter the country.
New Applicants for Study or Work Permits
If you were informed that your application for a study or work permit was approved before June 27th 2017 and you have not yet entered Canada, contact the visa office that processed your application as soon as possible for further instructions.
Need Assistance?
If you are in Canada, as a student or on a work permit and you feel you need advice, please contact:
The High Commission for Antigua and Barbuda to Canada, in Washington, DC. The number is: +202 362 5122 and the first point of contact is First Secretary for Consular Affairs, Mr Roderick Faustin; or
The Consulate of Antigua and Barbuda in Toronto, Canada. The number is: +416 961 3085 and the first point of Contact is Consul-General, Ann-Marie Layne.
Kindly note that the Government of Antigua and Barbuda is working with the authorities of the Government of Canada to facilitate the visa application process for all Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda.
Most visitor visa applications in a few weeks or less. Processing times depend on the visa office and if you need to complete any additional steps.
Your passport and other original documents will be returned to you after your application is processed.
If your application is approved, the visa will be stamped inside your passport.
If your application is refused, you will be sent an explanation.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

13 − 4 =