No suspect held in recent killing

0
330
- Advertisement -

Two weeks after the fatal shooting of 28-year-old Adrian Shand police said they have no suspects in custody and neither has a motive been established for the pre-dawn shooting which occurred last month.
Shand of Cooks Hill was at his pregnant girlfriend’s home at Yorks on the morning of September 19 when someone reportedly smashed the bedroom window and fired several shots.
The sleeping man was struck four times and rushed to Mount St. John’s Medical Centre where he died. A recently concluded autopsy determined that the Cooks Hill man’s death was due to a shot in the heart.
His girlfriend was also shot and underwent surgery for her injury.
In March this year, the Jamaican born 28-year-old walked free from charges stemming from the shooting mayhem during last lap 2013 which left three people injured, including Judith Winter who is still paralysed. Two other men were found guilty.
Shand walked free because a key witness refused to testify after he was threatened by Shand and told prosecutors he was fearful for his life.
Prior to the conclusion of that case, Shand was arrested for several other serious offences after he surrendered to the police following the publication of a wanted bulletin for his arrest.
The deceased was listed as “wanted” earlier this year, and described as “armed and dangerous,” by the police.
He also had several charges pending before the court.
Yesterday, police said they are still following up on tips, but, so far nothing has led them to the killer or killers.
Shand is the country’s eighth homicide victim for
2018.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here