Newly elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in the Bahamas say their Free National Movement (FNM) plans to introduce provisions into law to allow parliamentarians to be recalled by their constituents before their term in office ends.
Bahamas MP’s Elsworth Johnson and Travis Robinson were speaking on this week’s edition of the Big Issues on the question of what lessons the region could learn from the recent decisive victory of the FNM in the Bahamas.
1. Newly elected Free National Movement (FNM) Member of Parliament (MP) for Bain & Grants Town (The Bahamas), Travis Robinson.
2. Former President of the Bahamas Bar Association and Member of Parliament for Yamacraw (The Bahamas) Elsworth Johnson.
3. Leader in the South Bahamas Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Dr Paul Scavella.
4. Jamaica-based political historian, O’Neil Hall.
5. Political advisor, Dr Isaac Newton.