Missing trio found, two dead

- Advertisement -

The police are probing what appears to be a murder suicide following the discovery of the bodies of two adults who had reportedly not been seen or heard from by relatives since Tuesday.
A tearful relative of one of the deceased, told OBSERVER media via phone last night that the police confirmed that the female deceased is Latoya Craig of Clare Hall and the male deceased is the man with whom she once shared a relationship.
The family identified the man as Bharat Kumar and said he was the one who called Craig on Tuesday and later picked her up, along with her three year old son Alanzo Jones, and took them out “to English Harbour.”
It is alleged that before going with the man, Craig told her current partner where she was going and with whom. It is alleged she said he was taking her “to clean a property in English Harbour” which is used as a place of worship.
But, she never returned home and the following day relatives tried desperately to get in touch with her.
Two days ago, Craig’s mother reported the matter to police after waiting the “48-hour” period required to file a missing person report.
But, even up to yesterday, lawmen had not issued public notices of the missing woman and child. It was a sister who made it public on social media and shared contact numbers for the people to reach the
Around mid-afternoon yesterday, Craig’s three year old son was found, in good health, and taken to the Mount St. John’s Medical Centre.
While, the bodies of his mother and her ex partner were at the property of a businessman who is said to be the adopted father of the male deceased.
Some describe the location as English Habour while others say it is actually in the Liberta area.  
Last night, investigators combed the scene for evidence to determine what exactly happened since both bodies were found hanging – the woman was in the dining area, and the man outside by a tree. The child was also found on the scene and taken to hospital for dehydration.

Initial reports suggest that the woman appeared to have been dead longer than the male and both bodies bore signs of violence as if the two adults were involved in an altercation.
Undertakers removed the bodies from the scene late last night, several hours after they were first discovered.
Up to press time, police had not officially confirmed the identities of the two corpses.
The property in which the bodies were found is located on a steep hill, in a secluded area overlooking Falmouth and its open, green landscape.
Earlier yesterday, Craig’s mother, Jocelyn King, said she had been calling her daughter’s phone but had not gotten an answer.
She said the family reached out to Kumar’s father to find out what was going on.
“I was told [Thursday] morning from his father that he wasn’t there, he never reached the house so I don’t know where he [went]. No answer, every time I calling, no answer from her phone, so [Thursday] I told [Kumar’s father] him if by the time they don’t see
her come I am going to the station to make a report,” King said.
The mother said she made the report at the Criminal Investigations Department.
After getting confirmation of her daughter’s death, the mother took ill and had to be rushed to hospital. She complained of heart pain and her blood pressure was elevated, one of her daughter’s said last night.
According to the daughter, the family has to return to Barnes Funeral home today to do a viewing of the body. (With additional reports from Martina Johnson)

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here