29.7 C
St John's
Tuesday, 03 August, 2021
HomeThe Big StoriesMan alleged to have burned down XPZ Supermarket denied bail again

Man alleged to have burned down XPZ Supermarket denied bail again

By Elesha George

[email protected]

The man accused of burning down the XPZ Supermarket earlier this month has again been denied bail.

TianZhao Feng, locally known as Alex, was remanded back to Her Majesty’s Prison (HMP) after he failed to meet the criteria for bail conditions. 

Feng, who appeared in the St John’s Magistrate’s Court unrepresented, was required to present his passport and two sureties for his bail application. 

Using an interpreter, he told the court that his passport is at the Chinese Embassy. 

An immigration officer who was required to give a status update on Feng told the court that, based on the office’s records, Feng’s time in Antigua and Barbuda had expired though he could not say how long ago.

Magistrate Conliffe Clarke asked the immigration officer to make an effort to obtain Feng’s passport before he is required to reappear in court on September 29.

In reference to securing sureties, Feng told the court that he does not have anyone in Antigua and Barbuda that can stand on his behalf.

Feng was an employee at the Paynters-based store.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

five × five =

- Advertisment -

Most Popular