Gender Affairs minister urges residents to ‘break the culture of silence’

0
2157
- Advertisement -

The calls for anyone with information which could lead to the location of two people who have been missing for several weeks have intensified, with Gender Affairs Minister Samantha Marshall appealing to the public to “break the culture of silence”.
Marshall said breaking the silence is the only way society can eradicate “this scourge from our society”.
“We have a responsibility as good citizens to speak out against these ills in society. I am appealing to anyone with information about the missing cases of [Craig] Richards and Vincia James to please report it to the police. We have a duty as sons and daughters of the soil to be each other’s keeper and to ensure that they are returned to us safely,” she said yesterday.
James was last seen leaving her workplace, Dixie Betting Company at around 1:10 pm on Friday April 7, and Richards, who is also known as “Twin”, and “Boss”, was reported missing on March 22, about 24 hours after he was last seen by a female friend.

Twenty-one-year-old Osuide Simpson was found last Thursday almost two weeks after she, too, had gone missing.
Marshall said that she was off-island at the time of the recent disappearances, but she remained in contact with the Royal Police Force of Antigua & Barbuda, the Directorate of Gender Affairs and those responsible for the many search efforts that had been undertaken.
The minister also applauded the police for finding Simpson, however she said that she is concerned and deeply saddened that efforts to locate Richards and James have thus far proven unsuccessful.
(More in today’s Daily Observer)

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here