Co-worker testifies Vincia James’ murder accused left work early – and that he saw his car being driven near her workplace

Vincia James
- Advertisement -

By Latrishka Thomas

[email protected]

More information has been divulged in the suspicious disappearance of Vincia James that landed her ex-boyfriend in court after being charged with her murder.

The 28-year-old New Winthorpes woman was last seen on surveillance camera leaving her Old Parham Road workplace, Dixie Betting Company, shortly after 1pm on April 7 2017.

The mother-of-one hasn’t been seen since.

Yesterday was the fifth day of the high profile murder case where Mikhail Gomes is on trial before a judge and jury.

It started with defence attorney Lawrence Daniels asking a bus driver – who claims he saw the accused man’s vehicle parked near the complainant’s workplace – a few more questions.

The prosecution then called a worker from the Antigua and Barbuda Transport Board (ABTB) to give testimony.

That witness told the court that he worked at the company with Gomes for eight years and at the time of the incident they were members of a team, along with two other men.

Gomes no longer works at the ABTB.

The witness described their relationship as “good”, and also said he knew Gomes’ relationship with James to be the same.

“He would take her to work and carry lunch for her,” the man stated.

The witness went on to tell the court what he remembered from the day of the incident.

He said the team was sent on assignment and they paired up and took two separate company vehicles.

He said after they completed their work, he ran an errand before heading back to the office on Factory Road.

According to him, it was between 12pm and 1pm when he saw Gomes’ vehicle travelling from east to west in the vicinity of First Caribbean International Bank on Old Parham Road.

He said he knew the colour and licence plate number but could not see who was inside the vehicle due to it being heavily tinted.

The witness then shared that when he got back to work to clock out of the 5am to 1pm shift, it seemed that Gomes had already clocked out because his vehicle was gone and the company vehicle he was using had been returned.

The defence questioned the witness as to how well he knew the accused and his vehicle.

They asked the witness if he saw the accused visit the complainant on April 7 2017 or knew for certain that he clocked out.

The man indicated that he was not certain but told the court that he knew the licence plate number by heart.

After wrapping up with this witness, the trial was adjourned until this morning.

- Advertisement -